I've been writing about the Healthy benefits of Quinoa since I started Gratitude Gourmet back in 2008.
Quinoa is rich in protein, calcium, iron, fiber, potassium, B vitamins, and vitamin E. One cup of cooked quinoa has 222 calories, 4 grams of fat, 8 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fiber. Quinoa Cuisine contains 150 recipes that use nutritious quinoa in creative ways.
Here's a great recipe from the book for you to enjoy:
Black Bean, Corn, and Quinoa Salad with Lime Dressing
* 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
* 2 cups water
* 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 cup yellow corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
* 1 green onion, white and green parts, sliced
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
* pinch salt
* pinch black pepper
* pinch granulated sugar
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Comments are closed.