Amaretto Cheesecake with Madeleine Crust
- 2/3 cup Sugar Bowl Bakery* Madeleine pieces, plus 6 whole cookies for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup whole raw almonds
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. almond extract
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp. amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Place 2/3 cup Madeleine pieces, almonds, brown sugar and butter in a food processor and grind until fine. Pour crumb mixture into an 8” springform pan and press firmly onto the bottom and sides.
3. Place cream cheese and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Beat in almond extract and salt.
4. Blend in eggs one at a time, on low speed. Stir in amaretto.
5. Pour batter into the crust.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled. Makes 12 servings.
Garnish: Take 6 Madeleine cookies and cut diagonally in half. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Dip the bottom of each cookie into melted chocolate, place on a tray lined with foil or waxed paper, and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Place a cookie, chocolate side down, on each piece of cheesecake.