Gratitude Gourmet had the most amazing Tea and Spa Getaway to Healdsburg last weekend.
1. Taste of Tea has a Lounge, Tasting Bar and Relaxation Room which is an Experience we highly recommend. We enjoyed the Soba Noodle Salad with Soy Miso Ginger Vinaigrette and Milky Oolong Tea pairing, Green Tea Kyoto Bancha where the leaves are buried for 3 years to take out tannins and is superhigh in antioxidants paired with Japanese Ramen and local organic Edamame. Afterwards we enjoyed the Spa and Guided Tasting Flight with Kyoto Karigane Green Tea (Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory) and Face Mask. It was Heaven with rejuvinated skin as a bonus! In the Tasting Bar, we enjoyed Siphon Pot Tea with Chrysanthemum Gogi Berry Puerh Tea paired with Matcha Cheesecake topped with Raw Cocoa and Fresh Strawberry then enjoyed the Emerald Cocktail with Coconut Milk and Matcha.
2. Sonoma Cider gave Gratitude Gourmet a special Tasting in their company headquarters which is not open to the public. Breakfast Cereal Cider as well as the Sarsaparilla Vanilla Cider were two NEW flavors we enjoyed as we've positively reviewed Organic Sonoma Ciders here!
3. Dinner at Valette. Valette was born from two brothers’ lifelong dream of creating a unique dining experience in our hometown of Healdsburg, and their goal is to provide a canvas for local farmers, winemakers and artisans to showcase their crafts. The ambiance is very nice for a group of friends to gather together and enjoy eachother's company and enjoy good food and wine that is friendly to many, including vegetarians.
4. Hotel Les Mars is a luxurious hotel a 5-minute walk from Healdsburg's restaurants, shops, Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve and wineries and includes rich fabrics, some antique furnishings and a beautiful wood panel library including books that date from the 1800s! The room had beautiful white roses, a 4-poster bed, marble shower, soaking tub with bath salts, and a gorgeous gas fireplace. Turndown service provided a nice chocolate surprise wrapped in a beautiful box along with a chocolate cupcake! A Continental French Breakfast was delivered in the morning with French Press Coffee, croissants and freshly-made granola with yogurt and honey. Very nice hotel!
5. The Spa Hotel Healdsburg provided a a well-needed signature massage. Ask for Beth. The Spa offers Biodynamic treatments, locally sourced products are included in their philosophy that nature combined with nurture ignites the body’s own healing abilities. There are six treatment rooms, garden patio, Jacuzzi and access to the swimming pool in their own olive grove.
6. Shed is a local food-focused modern store hosting a market, cafe & fermentation bar. We got Kombucha to-go in a growler (jar :)). Everyone we talked with was raving about Shed and when you go you will see why!!
Enjoy your trip to Healdsburg!!