Did you know gluten-free pumpkin seeds have 42% more protein than almonds, 258% more iron than peanuts and 322% more magnesium than sunflower seeds, according to the USDA?
Kathie’s Kitchen, the maker of SuperSeedz gourmet pumpkin seeds, has redefined the traditional plain pumpkin seed into a variety of innovative flavors like Really Naked, Sea Salt, Cinnamon & Sugar, Coco Joe, Tomato Italiano, Curious Curry, Somewhat Spicy and Super Spicy and can be enjoyed as a standalone snack, or as a welcome addition to cereal, yogurt and more! Their newest flavor Maple Sugar & Sea Salt ($4.99) have been met with great success; and their new 1-ounce packages are great for school lunches, afternoon snacks or anytime you need a healthy pick-me-up.
SuperSeedz Maple Sugar & Sea Salt offers all the decadence of real maple, only without the mess! Each seed is seasoned with 100-percent pure maple sugar and unrefined sea salt, and boasts the following nutritional benefits per serving (1/4 cup):
· 7g of complete, plant-based protein, meaning they contain the nine essential amino acids needed for a healthy and balanced diet. In fact, pumpkin seeds traditionally offer more plant-based protein than other nut sources such as peanuts, pistachios, almonds and chia seeds!
· Non-GMO Project Verified
· Free of cholesterol and trans-fats
· 2mg Iron; 10 percent of your RDI
· 2mg Zinc; 15 percent of your RDI
· Allergen friendly – peanut-free, tree nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, soy-free and made with gluten-free ingredients