Check out this great Apple & Flax Seed Muffin recipe from Carrington Farms which features non-genetically modified 100% Organic Milled Flax Seeds and Flax Chia Blend.
Makes 12 to 24 muffins depending on your preference.
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
· 4 large organic cage-free eggs (hopefully eggs from well-cared for chickens from your backyard or a friends) or egg substitute
· 1/4 cup oil
· 1/2 cup liquid (syrup or water)
· 1 Tablespoon vanilla
· 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
· 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
3. Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin