Below you'll also find videos of the Orchard Owners describing the Walnut Harvest and Walnut Shaker Vehicle, along with more photos from the event.
After this Tour I appreciate even more both the Walnuts and the hard work the Orchard Farmers do. Also note the heart-shaped Walnut. (It's an interesting coincidence that Walnuts are also heart-healthy).
During this Visit, I asked Dr. Roizen why there are more folks allergic to Peanuts vs Walnuts, and he mentioned that when people are exposed to hydrogenated oils such as in many peanut butters, more people seem to have allergies to peanuts.
Basically eat closer to the whole food - Good Lesson.
Enjoy the California Walnut Orchard Visit Article!
1. Dr Roizen speaks on US Health, Disease Reversal, Genes & US Economic Competitiveness
2. Dean and Deluca's Chef Touhy’s Walnut Emulsion Recipe
3. Chef Cindy Pawlcyn's Turkish Walnut-Garlic Spread with Hot & Sweet Peppers & Pomegranate Syrup
4. California Walnut Orchard Visit - Farmer Introduction - Walnut Shaker
5. Chef Todd Humphries Recipes: Celery Salad & Walnut Bread Pudding
6. Videos: Trefethen Winery Stories - California Walnut Harvest