Bergerac in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood has introduced Adam Nichol as their new Executive Chef. We had the pleasure of meeting Adam and enjoying Gourmet vegetarian and vegan shared plates and excellent Barrel Aged Cocktails!
Chef Nichol, a graduate of the Johnson & Wales culinary program, uses seasonal, fresh ingredients to produce shareable Gourmet plates. Most recently, Nichol headed up the Kitchen at Gaspar Brasserie and prior professional experience includes Flour & Water, the Four Seasons Hotel, AQ Restaurant & Bar and Wayfare Tavern, all located in San Francisco. He is also a certified Level 1 Sommelier/Court of Master Sommeliers.
All Appetizers, Entrees, and the Butterscotch Pot Creme Dessert were beautifully prepared and exemplary. We ordered and recommend all the items below for you to try! Pictures are in our Slideshow below. Enjoy!
Barrel Aged Cocktail
- Paper Plane -forty creek whisky, aperol, angostura amari, lemon
- Nellcote Studio - saffron infused casa noble tequila, passion fruit, habanero agave, aperol
- Mothers Helper - Ruby port, tequila, grapefruit, brown cacao
- Chickpea Hummus with Za'atar, smoked olive oil, vegetable crudités
- Parmesan Fries with freshly made trio of dips (nice and perfectly spicy!)
- Burata Cheese with Asparagus, herb gremolata, saba
- Avocado Salad with green goddess, strawberries, fennel, almonds, pea tendrils
Basil Spaghetti (vegetarian) - House made pasta, asparagus, pea tendrils, Parmesan
Butterscotch Pot de Creme with Dark rum, caramelized bananas, nilla wafers