In 2009, I published a Gratitude Gourmet post describing NIH & Lancet studies addressing Public Health Impacts of Climate Change.
The Obama Administration has released the Metadata Access Tool for Climate and Health (MATCH), a publicly accessible, online tool for researchers offering access to metadata about thousands of government-held datasets related to health, the environment, and climate-science. MATCH includes:
Gratitude Gourmet Readers: here's a great new gourmet raw cookbook called RawEssence by David Cote and Mathieu Gallant with 180 gourmet recipes including Spinach 'Ricotta' Portabello Mushrooms, Pesto Tagliattelle, Tabouleh Flower Salad, Madras Salad, Meatless Meatballs, Island Lime Pie, Dark Nougat and Carrot Cake!
I've included the gourmet Spinach 'Ricotta' Portabello Mushrooms Recipe below -
Let me know what you think!
4 portabello mushrooms trimmed
1/4 recipe Mushroom Marinade (see below)
1/2 cup Macadamia Ricotta Cheese (see below)
1 large handful of spinach
1/2 cup wheat-free tamari sauce
1 1/2 cup cloves garlic, chopped or 1 1/2 tsp garlic puree
1 cup water
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
In a bowl using a whisk, blend all ingredients
Macadamia Ricotta Cheese
1 1/3 cups macadamia nuts
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 clove garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic puree
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
In a food processor, reduce macadamia nuts to small pieces, and add remaining ingredients and blend for a few seconds to form an emulsion. The cheese will turn white and creamy with small crunchy pieces of nut.
Makes 4 Portions
1. In a large bowl, combine mushrooms and marinade and let stand for about an hour.
2. In a bowl blend together ricotta cheese and chopped spinach. Fill mushrooms with mixture.
3. Place filled mushrooms on dehydrator trays and dehydrate at 105 degrees F (41 degrees C) for 2 hours. The filling will harden, but the entire assembly should remain moist.
John McDougall MD discusses the importance of plant-based diets to prevent breast cancer in this Forks Over Knives Video below. See more Health articles on our Gratitude Gourmet Health Page.
Gratitude Gourmet Port Wine Caramel Sauce
Gratitude Gourmet is excited to announce TWO NEW Caramel Sauces!
Port Wine Caramel Sauce and Balsamic Rum Caramel Sauce.
Both are delicious with ice cream, veggies, pretzels, crackers and with our own Gratitude Gourmet Chocolate! Yumm!
Order at http://www.gratitudegourmet.com.
If you'd like a bulk order, please Contact Us Here.
Thanks and Enjoy!! :)
Sign up for Wanderlust's San Francisco Yoga in the City May 12, which also happens to be Mother's Day.
See you there!
Image: Adams Media
Happy Cinco de Mayo from Gratitude Gourmet!
Edible Cocktails - From Garden to Glass by Natalie Bovis gives wonderful instructions on how to build your own cocktail garden and has the perfect recipe for today's holiday:
Spiced Margarita Mezcaltini.
Ingredients & Instructions:
1 slice jalapeno, 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice, 1/2 ounce agave nectar, 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, 1 1/2 ounces Del Maguey Mezcal (organic)
Garnish: Chili Salt Rim
1. Rim half a martini glass with chili salt. Set aside. Place chili red flakes, chili powder, dried lime zest, and 1/4 cup kosher salt into a food processor and grind until well-blended and slightly powdery.
2. Muddle jalapeno, lime juice, and agave nectar in the bottom of a mixing glass. Add grapefruit juice and mezcal. Shake well and gently strain into glass.