February 14th is a day most women want to look their best. When you have a date, and reservations are set, finding the perfect jewelry is the icing on the cake. Jewelry has a way of emphasizing one’s inner beauty, and Soothi has the perfect collection to make any boho girl embrace her personal style. The Boho collection by Soothi is an eclectic and socially responsible way to shine on the 14th. Soothi provides jewelry that is elegantly crafted and only uses natural, recycled materials and crafts a lot of their products ethically and by hand. Their materials have natural faults and lines that make every piece unique. This means that each item has its own identity that makes it beautiful. These light weight and unique artisan earrings are made with recycled coconut shells and attached to a silver plated hook. Just Beautiful!
Would you like to have the benefits of red wine…without the sugar, calories, or alcohol? VINIA Red Grape Powder is the first-ever biofood (a new kind of superfood) and is completely calorie-free. Simply mix the red grape powder in anything you would normally eat or drink (oatmeal, yogurt, water, smoothies, salads, etc.) for a wellness boost when you’re on the road. One serving of VINIA contains a similar amount of Resveratrol as found in 1,000 grapes or 1 bottle of fine red wine. Supports blood circulation, healthy arteries, and blood pressure already within normal range.
Zodiac Vodka is an all-natural, true craft spirit. It employs a Single Source Distillation® method, as the potatoes are regionally sourced and the entire distillation and bottling process occurs at the company’s Rigby, Idaho-based distillery. The water for Zodiac is drawn from the Snake River Aquifer which runs beneath the distillery. The product is produced using 4-column fractional distillation and is filtered using hand-cut Canadian Birch Charcoal. Zodiac is distilled once - by design, allowing the vodka to retain a naturally sweet, distinctive taste. Zodiac is produced from non-GMO ingredients and as a 100% potato vodka, is gluten-free.
Black Cherry 75
1.5 oz. Zodiac Black Cherry Vodka
1 oz. DeKuyper Raspberry Liqueur
.5 oz. Simple Syrup
1 each. Orange Wedge Half-Squeeze & Discard
---Shake and strain into Tulip glass
4 oz. Top with Prosecco
Garnish with a Lemon Twist
Olbas Instant Herbal Tea is carefully blended in Switzerland with a mixture of 20 soothing herbs and enhanced with pure essential oils you can enjoy anytime, either hot or iced. Because it’s instant, there are no bags or straining! The Lozenges are also nice as a cough suppressant or soothes a sore throat.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and finding the right gift can be challenging for those you love! In lieu of chocolate for the foodie, the following companies offer unique ideas!
Ravioli Perfected - Fonde Ravioli Rolling Pin
Slow down, roll up your sleeves and cook a meal with someone you love! Now you can make beautiful, handmade ravioli with ease in the comfort of your own home for Valentine’ Day with the Fonde (fon-dee) Ravioli Rolling Pin from Repast Supply Co. BEAUTIFUL in design and handmade in the United States from sustainable solid hardwood, the rolling pin creates perfect ravioli every time. All Repast Supply Co. rolling pins come pre-treated with food-grade mineral oil and with proper care will last a lifetime. Repast Supply Co. believes very strongly in sustainability, which is why they plant 100 trees for every tree used in production.
Watch how perfect ravioli is made every time with the Fonde Ravioli Rolling Pin! https://youtu.be/NvMqJN577_U
Marlo's Bakeshop Original Soft-Baked Biscotti
The Original is a delicious mix of dark chocolate-covered raisins, toasted walnuts & Guittard dark chocolate chips with a mixture of cinnamon & sugar. They are all-natural, non-GMO & ridiculously delicious. Additional flavors include Double Chocolate Espresso "Midnight" Soft-Baked Biscotti (Dairy-Free) and Banana Bread Soft-Baked Biscotti (Gluten, Dairy & Soy-Free).
Did you know gluten-free pumpkin seeds have 42% more protein than almonds, 258% more iron than peanuts and 322% more magnesium than sunflower seeds, according to the USDA?
Kathie’s Kitchen, the maker of SuperSeedz gourmet pumpkin seeds, has redefined the traditional plain pumpkin seed into a variety of innovative flavors like Really Naked, Sea Salt, Cinnamon & Sugar, Coco Joe, Tomato Italiano, Curious Curry, Somewhat Spicy and Super Spicy and can be enjoyed as a standalone snack, or as a welcome addition to cereal, yogurt and more! Their newest flavor Maple Sugar & Sea Salt ($4.99) have been met with great success; and their new 1-ounce packages are great for school lunches, afternoon snacks or anytime you need a healthy pick-me-up.
SuperSeedz Maple Sugar & Sea Salt offers all the decadence of real maple, only without the mess! Each seed is seasoned with 100-percent pure maple sugar and unrefined sea salt, and boasts the following nutritional benefits per serving (1/4 cup):
· 7g of complete, plant-based protein, meaning they contain the nine essential amino acids needed for a healthy and balanced diet. In fact, pumpkin seeds traditionally offer more plant-based protein than other nut sources such as peanuts, pistachios, almonds and chia seeds!
· Non-GMO Project Verified
· Free of cholesterol and trans-fats
· 2mg Iron; 10 percent of your RDI
· 2mg Zinc; 15 percent of your RDI
· Allergen friendly – peanut-free, tree nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, soy-free and made with gluten-free ingredients
Eight O’Clock®, made with 100% Arabica beans has teamed up with the Rainforest Alliance to help to ensure its coffee beans are grown and harvested using environmentally and socially responsible practices and is 50% Rainforest Alliance Certified.
Available on grocery store shelves across the country, Eight O’Clock’s 100% Colombian coffee is cultivated exclusively at a high altitude in Colombia’s rich volcanic soils. These coffee beans are harvested at their optimum ripeness, providing a delicious, medium roasted flavor with winey notes and a rich, elegant aroma and full-bodied finish.
Gratitude Gourmet had the most amazing Tea and Spa Getaway to Healdsburg last weekend.
1. Taste of Tea has a Lounge, Tasting Bar and Relaxation Room which is an Experience we highly recommend. We enjoyed the Soba Noodle Salad with Soy Miso Ginger Vinaigrette and Milky Oolong Tea pairing, Green Tea Kyoto Bancha where the leaves are buried for 3 years to take out tannins and is superhigh in antioxidants paired with Japanese Ramen and local organic Edamame. Afterwards we enjoyed the Spa and Guided Tasting Flight with Kyoto Karigane Green Tea (Green Tea is an anti-inflammatory) and Face Mask. It was Heaven with rejuvinated skin as a bonus! In the Tasting Bar, we enjoyed Siphon Pot Tea with Chrysanthemum Gogi Berry Puerh Tea paired with Matcha Cheesecake topped with Raw Cocoa and Fresh Strawberry then enjoyed the Emerald Cocktail with Coconut Milk and Matcha.
2. Sonoma Cider gave Gratitude Gourmet a special Tasting in their company headquarters which is not open to the public. Breakfast Cereal Cider as well as the Sarsaparilla Vanilla Cider were two NEW flavors we enjoyed as we've positively reviewed Organic Sonoma Ciders here!
3. Dinner at Valette. Valette was born from two brothers’ lifelong dream of creating a unique dining experience in our hometown of Healdsburg, and their goal is to provide a canvas for local farmers, winemakers and artisans to showcase their crafts. The ambiance is very nice for a group of friends to gather together and enjoy eachother's company and enjoy good food and wine that is friendly to many, including vegetarians.
4. Hotel Les Mars is a luxurious hotel a 5-minute walk from Healdsburg's restaurants, shops, Armstrong Redwoods State Natural Reserve and wineries and includes rich fabrics, some antique furnishings and a beautiful wood panel library including books that date from the 1800s! The room had beautiful white roses, a 4-poster bed, marble shower, soaking tub with bath salts, and a gorgeous gas fireplace. Turndown service provided a nice chocolate surprise wrapped in a beautiful box along with a chocolate cupcake! A Continental French Breakfast was delivered in the morning with French Press Coffee, croissants and freshly-made granola with yogurt and honey. Very nice hotel!
5. The Spa Hotel Healdsburg provided a a well-needed signature massage. Ask for Beth. The Spa offers Biodynamic treatments, locally sourced products are included in their philosophy that nature combined with nurture ignites the body’s own healing abilities. There are six treatment rooms, garden patio, Jacuzzi and access to the swimming pool in their own olive grove.
6. Shed is a local food-focused modern store hosting a market, cafe & fermentation bar. We got Kombucha to-go in a growler (jar :)). Everyone we talked with was raving about Shed and when you go you will see why!!
Enjoy your trip to Healdsburg!!
Taste of the NFL is proud to announce that San Francisco based, multi-platinum selling Third Eye Blind will be the entertainment at the 25th annual Party with a Purpose® to be held Saturday, February 6, 2016 at the legendary music venue Cow Palace in San Francisco. The premier sanctioned NFL event, is a star-studded evening celebrating two of America’s favorite pastimes—food and football— bringing together exceptional cuisine, prominent chefs, celebrities, NFL players, coaches, legends, and more, all to support the fight against hunger.
"We are pleased to be playing at the Taste of the NFL's Party with a Purpose in support of food banks, especially those in our home San Francisco,” said Stephan Jenkins, singer, songwriter for Third Eye Blind. “Though having its moment in tech and some of the best food and restaurants in the world, it is still a place where one in five people have food insecurity. This especially affects children and can contribute to learning and behavior issues as well as health problems.”
Date: Saturday, February 6, 2016
Event Time: VIP Experience begins at 5:30pm; General Admission begins at 7:00pm; Third Eye Blind will perform a 60-minute set beginning at 9:00pm
Location: Cow Palace, 2600 Geneva Ave, Daly City, CA 94014
Tickets: For ticket information about Taste of the NFL’s Party with a Purpose, visit www.TasteoftheNFL.com.
About Taste of the NFL
Taste of the NFL (TNFL) is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to raising awareness and funds for hunger relief organizations in the 32 NFL cities and across the country. Proudly celebrating its 25th anniversary at Super Bowl 50, the organization conducts national and local fundraising events throughout the year, culminating in the annual Party with a Purpose on Super Bowl Eve. Since its inception, Taste of the NFL has raised more than $24 million, which has provided more than 192 million meals for Americans. 100% of proceeds raised for directly to supporting food banks in each of the 32 NFL cities.